Whenever I visit Café du Cycliste in Nice, I check out their selection of magazines and journals. I’m not a cycling enthusiast but I like the aesthetic (same with snowboarding and skateboarding) and I love magazines anyway.
On my internet travels, I spotted one that piqued my interest called Bikevibe, a Norwegian-based journal “documenting cycling culture in cities all over the world”. At the time of writing, there have been 9 issues including this year’s, covering the following cities:
- Bikevibe Tokyo: Volume One – Spring 2015
- Bikevibe Oslo: Volume Two – Fall 2015
- Bikevibe Portland: Volume Three – Spring 2016
- Bikevibe Milan: Volume Four – Fall 2016
- Bikevibe London: Volume Five – Spring 2017
- Bikevibe New York: Volume Six – Fall 2017
- Bikevibe Paris: Volume Seven – Spring 2018
- Bikevibe Lisbon: Volume Eight – Spring 2019
- Bikevibe Helsinki: Volume Nine – Summer 2020
Since 2018, Bikevibe has been published annually and the site is packed full of stories from those cities about cyclists, equipment, races, and the stores that supply them.