Here are a few data visualisations about Tokyo 2020:
- Live Data Visualization Showcasing the Tokyo Olympics – Sprinklr looks at the Tokyo Games with a dashboard of live data viz featuring social mentions about different sports, athletes, and more.
- WaPo’s new Olympic sport explainers – The Washington Post created some interactives to showcase the three new Olympic sports: skateboarding, surfing, and sport climbing.
- Speed ranks of the women’s 4×100 freestyle relay – Flowing Data picked up NYT’s speed estimates of the women’s 4×100 freestyle relay. I say estimates becayuse they actually used photos showing a combination of “positions of the athletes and timestamp information from the images”.
- Bloomberg’s medal count tracker – ‘Bloomberg News is tracking the results of the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, including a schedule of events and the number of medals won by each country or delegation.’
- The age ranges of Olympians – ‘There were some outliers in the old days, but even in Tokyo, athletes range from boomers through Gen Z’
Updated: 9th August 2021