I rarely report on popular sports news as bigger sites with actual staff do it so well, it’d be a waste of time and resources. So that’s why I haven’t written about Erik ten Hag appointment as Manchester United’s new manager. But one thing I like to do it is collate everyone else’s opinions, of which there are plenty, and this is what I’m doing now.
- Erik ten Hag: The making of Manchester United’s new manager (The Set Pieces)
- Sir Alex Ferguson breaks silence on Erik ten Hag’s appointment as Manchester United manager (MEN)
- Erik ten Hag: What must new Manchester United manager solve at Old Trafford? (Sky Sports)
- Who is Erik ten Hag? Everything you need to know about the new Manchester United manager (FourFourTwo)
- Guardiola, Cruyffianism and the making of Erik ten Hag (AS.com)
- How Ajax got the magic back under Cruyff disciple Erik ten Hag (iNews)
- Erik ten Hag: Rebuilding the Ajax legacy (The Hard Tackle)
Because I’m out of the loop with football these days, I had no idea ten Hag was so sought after. Spurs, Bayern Munich, Roma, and even the Netherlands national team have been hot on his trail in the last 5 years but he since leaving Utrecht for Ajax in 2017, he’s stuck with the team. Until now. It’ll be interesting to see how he does for the Red Devils and whether the Cruijff narrative that has been tacked onto his mangerial career will stick.