The Winter Olympics qualifying events are taking place on 2nd February with the official opening ceremonies on 4th but before we get ready for the snow and ice, Jordan Tiernan wrote a great guide to one of the games’s many events: alpine skiing.
“A typical downhill course is a test of ‘technique, courage, speed, risk and physical condition'”
The guide covers alpine skiing’s origins, the Olympic format, the courses in Beijing, and skiers to watch out for including Dave Ryding, who I covered yesterday after his—and Britain’s—first ever World Cup win.
But then I thought: why not include some more guides? So here’s a further list of guides and schedules you’ll need to get into the discipline:
- The official Beijing 2022 Alpine Skiing Schedule
- A Complete Guide to the Alpine Skiing Events You’ll See at the 2022 Winter Olympics
- Guide To Winter Olympic Skiing Events
- An official downloadable informational book about Olympic alpine skiing [PDF]
- A Winter Olympics Toronto fan guide on Ali Nullmeyer
If you can think of any more, leave a comment and I’ll add it in!